Hot Spot II Portable Thermocouple Welding
The HotSpot welders are portable capacitive discharge welding units that allow thermocouple wires to be formed into freestanding beads or directly welded to metal surfaces for temperature sensing. Direct bonding avoids the need for clamps, brackets, straps, and welded wells, and provides a quick, simple, accurate, low cost means of attaching thermocouple sensing wires on a "when needed", "where needed" basis. The HotSpots are equally effective in forming freestanding bead or surface welded thermocouple junctions. The higher energy HotSpot PLUS expandes this welding capability into handheld spot welding, stud welding and pin fastening areas. It takes only seconds to form standard thermocouple wire into a variety of attached or unattached sensors or perform various other fixturing tasks. These Welding Systems Can Fabricate and Attach Thermocouple Sensors, Mount Weldable Strain Gauges, Weld Studs, Wire Rods and Pins, and Perform Other Welding Operations in Design and Test Applications. If you want to make thermocouples or weld thermocouple wires the Hot Spot is great choice.
- Part Number DCCHEA001
- SIZE - 3.5" High 8.5" Deep 11.5" Wide (less handle)
- WEIGHT-14 Pounds
- STORED WELD ENERGY - 5 to 250 Watt seconds
- WELD CAPABILITY - Welds wire pairs of #14 gauge or finer and #8 or lighter studs
- CYCLE TIME - Charging time at maximum energy setting is less than 10 seconds
- CONTROLS - Provides energy adjustment control dual 2 position energy range switch and LED displays to indicate charging and energy storage status.
- POWER - Uses 120 VAC 60 Hz line power. Circuit protected by 3 amp breaker
- WARRANTY - 1 year
- Thermocouple Welder
- 6" Wire Holding Pliers
- Eye Shielding - Protective Goggles
- Carbon Block
- Expert Technical Support